Make it Monday! Summer Salad
End of August is prime peach season and fresh tomatoes are in abundance. Can’t wait to try this flavorful salad.
Heirloom Tomato and Peach Summer Salad
Garden fresh tomatoes and ripe, juicy peaches make this Heirloom Tomato & Peach Summer Salad a must have for healthy, summer salads.
Keyword tomato, peach, salad
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 4 servings
Author Brynn at The Domestic Dietitian
• 2 cups arugula
• 2 peaches pitted and sliced into wedges
• 1 cup assorted *heirloom tomatoes sliced into wedges
• 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced
• 1/4 cup toasted pinenuts
• 3 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
• Dressing -
• 1/2 cup olive oil
• 2 tbsp lemon juice
• 1 tbsp honey
• salt and pepper
1. Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl or jar and season with salt and pepper as needed. Set aside until right before serving
2. To assemble the salad, layer arugula with sliced peaches, tomatoes, and onions.
3. Top with toasted pine nuts and fresh mozzarella cheese
*The seeds are what make an heirloom tomato an heirloom tomato. They are passed down from season to season, taken by the farmers from the tomato plants that produced the best fruit. This process allows farmers to select for certain desirable traits like juiciness, size, shape, or color.
#naturalhomebrands #heirloomtomatoes #peaches #recipe #makeitmonday #summerrecipes
- Carole Zellers