Make it Monday - Falling leaves - a fun craft for kids of all ages 😊
• First go on a nature walk to collect leaves! 🍁
Try to find large leaves as well as a variety of other sizes.
• Next, mix up the salt dough.
Salt Dough Recipe:
1/2 cup salt
1 cup flour
1/2 cup water
Mix the ingredients together. Knead the dough together thoroughly. Roll salt dough to 1/4″ thickness.
• Now lay your leaf on the dough. And press to make an impression on the dough of the veins in the leaf with your fingers or roll lightly with a rolling pin. Cut around the leaf shape using a sharp knife.(adult supervision may be needed for this step)
• Spray an oven safe bowl (a glass bowl is preferable) with cooking spray.
• Carefully lift your leaf and lay it over the bowl.
• Bake at 250 degrees for 2 hours.
• Let them cool on the glass bowl for about 15 minutes. Then, gently lift them off of the bowl and set on a cooking rack to cool completely.
• Once cool, you can paint them – adding a little bit of water to paint. Use a sponge brush to paint various fall colors - inside the bowl. Then, flip it over and paint the back. Use a light touch as they are fragile.
• When the paint is dried completely, add a coat of Mod Podge. You can use either a matte finish or a gloss finish to give it a more glazed effect.
You can use to decorate your home, give as gifts, use as a small candy dish
Or you can even use as a fall ornament (before baking place a toothpick at the top to make a hole and use a shallow bowl or plate to bake on) and tie with a piece of twine. Make a garland for your mantel or hang in a window.
#naturalhomebrands #fallcraft #makeitmonday #familyfun #autumnleaves #saltdoughcraft
- Carole Zellers